I have been engaged in the private practice of law since 1982, with offices currently located in Matawan and Wall Township.
A substantial portion of my practice is devoted to family law, including collaborative divorce, mediation, and litigation. I strongly believe that divorces settled through the collaborative process lend themselves to faster, more economical and better resolutions, in sharp contrast to the lengthy, costly, and adversarial litigation system. Rejecting the uncertainty of putting the fate of their families and futures in the hands of others, the divorcing couple instead choose to work with the collaborative team to reach the best outcomes for themselves and their children, which they craft themselves.
In addition to my family practice, I offer divorcing couples additional legal services that are often needed at the time of divorce. With more than thirty years of experience and a dedicated staff of paralegals, I can assist my client with all of his or her real estate needs, including selling or buying a home, or closing on a new mortgage as part of a refinance when one spouse buys out the other’s interest in the marital home.
When parties divorce, Wills, Powers of Attorney and Living Wills all must be updated, consistent with the parties’ changed status. My office handles those matters on a regular basis, and we are happy to help our divorcing clients make sure their important legal documents are up to date.
As a former Municipal Court Judge for fourteen years, I am also available to assist clients in matters of Municipal Court defense.
- Juris Doctor, Antioch School of Law; Bachelor of Arts, Criminology, University of Maryland.
- Extensive training in Mediation and Collaborative Practice.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- New Jersey Council of Collaborative Practice Groups
- Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group
- Mid-Jersey Collaborative Law Alliance
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association and Monmouth County Bar Family Law Committee
- Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist, Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth County (1988-present)
- Former member and past President, Monmouth County Municipal Court Judges Association